While setting up the server rooms, you might think that the server and storage are the essential parts of the room. However, this is not true. The most important aspect of setting up the server room is the server rack cabinets. You need it as soon as you start designing the data center or the server room. This helps you in storying the servers, NAS, routers, and other equipment. You can add shelves to it as per your need, but to begin with, you should start with the server rack cabinets. If you haven’t purchased a server rack cabinet yet, we are sure that you will have some difficulty purchasing it. To help you further, we decided to review the top 10 best server rack cabinets available in the market. You can scroll through the listings in the next section
Table of Contents
- Best Server Rack Cabinet Reviewed 2021
- #1. StarTech.com 12U AV Rack Cabinet
- #2. NavePoint 12U Wall Mount Server Cabinet
- #3. V7 RMWC6U-1N 6U Rack Cabinet Enclosure
- #4. Tripp Lite 12U Rack Enclosure Server Cabinet
- #5. Aeons 6U Signature Wall Mount
- #6. Kenuco Rack Server Cabinet Data Network Enclosure
- #7. AxcessAbles Rack-Mount Cabinet Case w/Caster Wheels
- #8. Sabrent 9U IT Wall Mount Rack Enclosure
- #9. Electriduct 4U Rack Enclosure Server Network Cabinet
- #10. APC NetShelter Wallmount Rack Enclosure Server Cabinet
- Buying Guide For Server Rack Cabinets
Best Server Rack Cabinet Reviewed 2021
This way, you will get an idea about what models are trending. This way, you will also get an idea about what will serve you in the best possible way. So what are you waiting for? Scroll down and check out the best server rack cabinets available in the market. In this section, we have covered the top 10 server rack cabinets. You can check out their reviews, or if you are in a hurry, you can only go through the pros and cons. This will give you an idea about the value proposition of the server rack cabinet and make your purchase very easy. Let us now move ahead and check out the best models available in the market.
#1. StarTech.com 12U AV Rack Cabinet
The first option on our list is available from StarTech. This is one of the best offerings available in the market. It is a 12 U rack, and it features a toughened glass front door. All the sides can be locked, and the brand also offers a lifetime warranty on this server rack cabinet. Apart from this, this server rack cabinet meets EIA/ECA – 310 – E standards, which is why you can be assured about the quality of the cabinet. If you need to access the sides of the server, you can remove the side panel using a key. This rack also comes with a caster wheel, making it very easy for you to move it around for cleaning or other reasons. It is a perfect server rack cabinet for servers, AV appliances, Networking equipment, and similar things. This server rack cabinet also has an adjustable mounting depth of up to 29 inches, and hence you get a lot of flexibility & space.
- It has a load capacity of 1768 lbs. and it has a durable front door.
- All four sides support a key lock, and this keeps your infrastructure safe.
- The brand offers a lifetime warranty on the server rack cabinets.
- You get a high level of flexibility as you can adjust many things.
- Some users complained that the glass door might raise the ambient temperature of the appliances.
The next option available on the list is from NavePoint. This is also a 12 U server rack cabinet, but it is a wall-mounted model. Since it is a wall-mounted unit, the capacity is slightly lower at 110 pounds. Apart from this, the frame has been welded together, and it is sturdy. The depth of the cabinet is 450 mm, and it is mainly for people who have restricted space on the ground. We recommend this server rack cabinet for small retain units, CCTV set-up, small LANs, and remote network sites. You can easily hold multiple network equipment in this server rack cabinet, and the fan integrated into the server rack cabinet will keep the temperature in control. The brand ensures that this cabinet is compliant with HIPPA and PCI standards. You can lock the cabinet, but you might have to screw the side panels for higher security. Overall, this is a good choice, and it is also available at an affordable price.
- It is a wall mount server rack cabinet that saves a lot of space.
- The weight capacity is 110 pounds, and the structure has been welded for additional strength.
- One cooling fan is included in the package for active cooling.
- You can adjust the height, and it is also PCI compliant.
- It is slightly challenging to assemble this server rack cabinet.
#3. V7 RMWC6U-1N 6U Rack Cabinet Enclosure
If you are looking for a fully assembled option with proper ventilation, then you can also consider this server rack cabinet. This model is available in multiple configurations, and you can also choose the door type. You can choose between the glass and ventilating door types. The mounting rails are adjustable, and the square hole helps you mount the networking appliances easily. This is primarily a wall unit, but if you want to place it on the floor, you just need to install the caster wheels provided in the package. The primary material used during the manufacturing of these server rack cabinets is high-grade cold-rolled steel. Apart from this, you get cable panels on top and bottom. This helps you manage the cables very well, and it improves the looks of the cabinet as well. You should note that you need additional fans since that is not a part of the standard package.
- It comes with a five-year warranty from the brand.
- It is available at an affordable price.
- It is a wall-mounted unit, but you can convert it to a ground unit by installing the provided wheels.
- It has a weight capacity of 200 lbs. It is available in 6U, 9U, and 12U configurations.
- You might need to rethread before installing the wheels
#4. Tripp Lite 12U Rack Enclosure Server Cabinet
If you are looking for a server rack cabinet loaded with accessories, you should check out this particular model. It is available in multiple configurations, and the best part is that this cabinet has a load capacity of 1000 lbs. You can choose a combo where you get cable, power strip, or battery in the package. The side panels are removable, and you also get the lockable front and back door. Vertical mount rails can easily be adjusted. If you have to store the transaction data on the servers, you should note that this server rack cabinet complies with payment card industry data security standards. The caster wheels included with this server rack cabinet are highly durable. You can also level them manually. With an impressive load capacity and a sturdy design, this becomes one of the best options in the market. We highly recommend choosing these server rack cabinets if you look for a safe and reliable server rack cabinet.
- This model is available with cable, power strip, and battery as option purchases.
- It is available in 12U, 18U, 24U, and 25U configurations.
- Tripp Lite offers a five-year warranty on this server rack cabinet.
- This server rack cabinet is designed as per the PCI DSS compliance.
- Some customers reported shipping damage during the transit.
#5. Aeons 6U Signature Wall Mount
Aeons are one of the most reputed brands when it comes to network racks and shelves. If you are specific about the brand and looking for a sturdy server rack cabinet, check out this option. It has innumerable permutations and combinations available, and each pack offers a high level of customization. The rugged construction, along with the reinforced doors, provides the utmost security to your appliances. Apart from this, you get the lock key combination. You also get the cable pass-through covers on top and the bottom. This makes it a lot easier for you to wire the wall mount server rack. You get these racks from the brand in up to 22U configurations. Apart from this, the front doors are ventilated, which keeps the ambient temperature low. The 120 mm fan ports additional help you keep the system cool. With a total weight limit of 200 lbs, it is easy to mount all the critical hardware inside this server rack cabinet.
- It is available in 6U, 9U, and 12U with multiple depth options.
- It is a wall-mounted unit with high space availability.
- The ventilation holes offer 80% air permeability.
- It has cable access panels, and the total load capacity is 200 lbs.
- This is shipped in a flat pack, and you would need to assemble it yourself.
#6. Kenuco Rack Server Cabinet Data Network Enclosure
At number 6, we have a server rack cabinet from Kenuco. This model is a 6U unit with a tempered glass front faceplate. If you need to access the device from the side, you will do it quickly since it easily opens with a lock. The side panels are also removable for ease of work. Apart from this, you will notice that two fan mounting points can help you maintain the temperature of the appliances. If you don’t wish to use this as a wall mounting cabinet, you can also use it as a self-standing unit. The build quality is excellent, and the cold-rolled steel offers maximum strength to the server rack cabinet. The brand provides you with a one-year warranty on the cabinet. In case of an issue, you can contact the brand. Also, you can reach out to them anytime for support.
- It comes with easy access tabs on the side, and the side panels are also lockable.
- The brand offers one year warranty and free lifetime support for the customers.
- It can be used as a wall-mounted cabinet or a self-standing cabinet.
- Supports a higher level of ventilation with two fan mounting points.
- The weight capacity of this server rack cabinet is 140 lbs. only.
#7. AxcessAbles Rack-Mount Cabinet Case w/Caster Wheels
Many equipments require you to have an open server rack cabinet. These cabinets come without a door for easy access. An example of this can be the cabinet used for storing AV equipment that is frequently used. If you are looking for a similar offering, then you should check out this model. Since the front and back are open, the ventilation is also excellent. For this model, the weight capacity is 440 lbs. with the wheels; however, if you decide to get rid of wheels, the weight capacity is 550 lbs. This is one of the most spacious yet affordable server rack cabinets on the list. You can check this out and understand if it would help you buy a server rack cabinet without the doors. Depending on that, you can purchase it or ditch it.
- The textured mat finish gives a premium feel.
- The no-door design promotes higher ventilation, and the lockable wheels make it easy to move.
- It is excellent for use with a DVD player, amplifiers, AV equipment, and other similar things.
- It is straightforward to assemble this server rack cabinet, and it barely takes an hour.
- This server rack cabinet has a no-door design which may or may not be liked by you.
#8. Sabrent 9U IT Wall Mount Rack Enclosure
Often, you might have to go through a situation where you need to pull out the appliance for troubleshooting. If you encounter such a situation frequently, then have a look at this server rack cabinet. This model comes with a drawer design for the racks. You can just pull it out, and it will help you troubleshoot the issue. The lock on the glass door offers you a good amount of security. Apart from this, you get a cable slot on the top and space for mounting two fans. The side panels are also removable, and the basic design of this server rack cabinet is that it should be mounted on the wall. The mounting bar is pre-installed, which makes it even easier to mount the cabinet. Overall, this is an innovative design that deserves a review.
- It features a pull-out drawer design for easy accessibility.
- It has two ventilation fan mounting points, and you can also lock it easily.
- The design and the build quality of this server rack cabinet are very sturdy.
- It comes with pre-fitted wall mounting plates.
- It is only designed for light home usage.
#9. Electriduct 4U Rack Enclosure Server Network Cabinet
If you are running low and budget and looking for a server rack cabinet that you can use at home, you can try this option from Electriduct. This is a 4U cabinet, and it is designed for being mounted on the wall. If you are looking for a smaller option, then you can even opt for a 2U design. Apart from this, the steel frame offers a significant amount of rigidity to the server rack cabinet. The ventilation is not a problem, and the mounting rails are also adjustable. At the top and the bottom, there are punchouts available. The purpose of having these punch-outs is that it lets the cables pass through quickly. The cabinet also has a powder coating, and the brand uses lead-free static powder for the coating, which ensures no interference or static build-up with the network appliances.
- It is a compact server rack cabinet with 2U and 4U options.
- The steel door is designed for durability.
- It has ample ventilation holes, which makes it very easy to keep the ambient temperature low.
- It is one of the most affordable options on the list.
- No information is available about the warranty or weight limit.
#10. APC NetShelter Wallmount Rack Enclosure Server Cabinet
The last server rack cabinet is from APC, and there is one very remarkable thing about this offering. You get to choose if you want an assembled server rack cabinet or an unassembled cabinet. Buying the assembled one can save you a lot of time and effort. Talking about the configurations, you can choose between 6U, 9U, 12U, 13U cabinets. Also, you can get the cabinet with a pre-installed fan. Apart from this, there is an option for glass doors and ventilated doors as well. This server rack cabinet is designed for wall mounting, and the load capacity of this server rack cabinet is 200 lbs. The 12U option has a depth of 400 mm, and this is usually enough for installing any type of server or equipment. Overall, this server rack cabinet is sturdy, and it is worth a look. We did feel that it is slightly expensive, but you can check what value it offers you. Also, have a look at Top 10 Best Server Racks Shelf before buying Server Rack Cabinets
- Many options are available, and you can choose this server rack cabinet with a fan, ventilated door, or glass door.
- You have an option to choose between assembled and unassembled server rack cabinets.
- It has a maximum load limit of 200 lbs.
- It offers excellent reliability, and it is very sturdy.
- We feel that it is slightly expensive.
Buying Guide For Server Rack Cabinets
You should never buy server rack cabinets without understanding your requirements. These can vary mainly depending on what you are looking for or what your designs are. This section of the page will find a comprehensive buying guide for the server rack cabinets. You can go through each of these points to understand the different factors you need to consider before buying server rack cabinets.
- Wall Mount or Standing – Server rack cabinets are available in two different designs. There are ones that can stand on the ground and those that can be mounted on the wall. You need to understand the number of network appliances you will be stuffing inside the server rack. Depending on that, you can choose between wall mounting or standing models. If your main priority is saving space, then wall-mounted server rack cabinets will offer a much higher utility to you when compared with standalone server rack cabinets.
- Number of Units – The next thing to consider is the number of appliances in the server rack cabinets. In the usual cases, the configuration starts at 1U, and you will find enclosures for up to 48U. The U stands for a unit here, and 5U would translate into five rack units. The space inside the server rack cabinets can be calculated by multiplying the unit factor by 1.75. This helps you understand how many server rack cabinets you would need and the size you should buy.
- Weight Capacity – While checking the number of units, you should also check the weight capacity associated with the server rack cabinets. This will enable you to understand how many devices you can keep in the server rack cabinets. The weight capacity will also depend on the unit numbers.
- Locking Mechanism – The data centers have a lot of sensitive information on them. If you are installing CCTVs, then also the server rack cabinets are vulnerable to invasion. In such a case, you would want a sturdy lock mechanism to protect the physical hardware. Most of the server rack cabinets are equipped with a lock, and you should only buy something that has a proper locking mechanism. You should also check the quality of the door and ensure that the door is sturdy enough to take a blow.
- Cooling Fan – It is essential to keep all the appliances cool. In such a case, you should check if the server rack cabinet comes with a cooling fan or not. The cooling fan would ensure proper ventilation, and this would also enable you to ensure that the appliances are not overheating. If the server rack cabinet doesn’t have a cooling fan, you should check if you can install it after the purchase.
- Ease of Installation – Now, server rack cabinets come assembled, and some models need you to assemble them. You need to check about the same and ensure that the server rack cabinets are easy to assemble. You should also look at the user manuals and ensure that you don’t have to spend a lot of time building the server rack cabinets. The larger cabinets may come unassembled. However, the smaller ones are usually pre-assembled.
- Mounting Hardware – You should also check what kind of mounting hardware is used in server rack cabinets. If possible, you can buy additional mounting hardware too. The general options available includes tapped screws, tapped cage nuts with screws, and M6 tapped cage nuts and screws. This is an important aspect of the purchase.
- Accessory Packs – You will also find multiple options in the server rack cabinets for accessories. You will come across the models with the battery, power strip, or cable. You will also come across the server rack cabinets with sliding shelves, castor wheels, and other add-ons. You can check what the additional options available are. The accessories can help you in setting up the server rack cabinet easily.
- Warranty – Your server rack cabinet may have a lot of electrical components and moving parts. They can get damaged, or there can be an unknown manufacturing defect in those units. In such a case, you should always buy a server rack cabinet with a warranty policy. You will find varying options here. There are server rack cabinets that come with just one year warranty, and then there are also options that come with a minimum five-year warranty. You need to decide on a warranty, but we would recommend avoiding options without the warranty policy.
- Budget – You should set a budget before you start shopping. This is quite a subject thing. So, to understand it better, the server rack cabinets on this list are available between the price ranges of $100 to $600. You can first understand your requirements and then choose the budget of the server rack cabinets. This will help you ensure that you are not compromising on your needs. It is always better to buy a bigger server rack cabinet because this way, it will be easy for you to add equipment later without having to buy a new server rack cabinet.
These are some of the top-selling server rack cabinets. These are readily available, and you can also purchase them using the product link that we have shared. You can get these server rack cabinets delivered to your home at a discounted price. We also want you to go through the data center designs and understand how much space you need. These factors will enable you to choose the product that you need. If you need more information about the server rack cabinets, you can drop a comment for us, and we will respond shortly. We hope that the buying guide and the reviews of the server rack cabinets will have made a choice very easy for you. Do bookmark this page for more interesting reviews. Thank You.