Are you a music lover? Do you love playing musical instruments? If you play the guitar, then this article is for you. Playing the guitar is a passion for the youth these days, and there are different kinds of guitars available in the market as well. If you know how to play or are a professional in playing it, you will show a lot of interest while buying one. There will be a lot of things that you need to consider when buying a guitar. But there is one important thing that many people skip, and that is a guitar rack or stand. You cannot just leave your guitar anywhere after you are done practicing with it. You will have to make sure that you are keeping it in a safe place so that the strings do not get damaged or the finish of the guitar is not damaged. This is where you will need a guitar rack. You spend a lot of money to buy a guitar, then why not spend a few bucks extra to buy a guitar rack?
You can use a guitar rack at your home and your music studio as well. If you have more than one guitar, you will have to go for a guitar rack, and if you are having just one, you can buy a guitar stand. There are different styles of guitar racks available in the present market. These racks will make your room look amazing by adding new beauty. All you have to do is just make the right choice of guitar rack. With so many options around you, it is not going to be easy for you to select one good rack. But we have made it easy for you.
Best Buy Guitar Rack Reviewed 2020
Table of Contents
- Best Buy Guitar Rack Reviewed 2020
- #1. MyGift 7 Guitar Black Metal Padded Folding Stand
- #2. AW 3 Three Holder Multi Guitar Folding Stand
- #3. Mr.Power 5 Guitar Rolling Stand
- #4. Whiskey Barrel Stave Guitar Wall Mount/Guitar Hanger
- #5. String Swing Guitar Wall Mount Rack
- #6. Moon Moonlala Wooden Portable Stand For Small Guitars
- #7. Ruilvn Folding Multi-Guitar Display Rack
- #8. Ruach GR-2 Customisable 5 Way Multi Guitar Rack
- #9. TIHOOD Wooden Guitar Stand Holder
- #10. Gator Cases Rack Style Guitar Stand
- How To Choose The Best Guitar Rack
- Guitar Rack Frequently Asked Question
We picked ten best guitar racks in the market. So, now all you have to do is just choose one from this list of guitar racks. Guitars may look very strong, but they are made of delicate material, and it is all hallow from inside, so you need to be very careful when you are using it or not using it. Make sure to pick the best guitar rack so that you can enjoy your music at any time.
Have a look at some of the best guitar racks in the market…
#1. MyGift 7 Guitar Black Metal Padded Folding Stand
Having a nice guitar rack for your guitar is very useful. You will be able to place the guitars in an organized way and also helps to keep them safe. One of such amazing guitar racks that you can consider is MyGift 7 Guitar Black Metal Padded Folding Stand. You can place up to seven guitars on this single stand. It comes in a folding style and hence does not occupy a lot of space when not in use. You can simply fold it and place it under the bed or in the storeroom. As it is a folding stand, you can easily carry it along with you anywhere. The rails of the guitar rack come with padding and that makes sure that the guitars do not get damaged. They stay in shape and the finishing also does not get damaged. The bottom of the rack is also padded. It is a universal design so that you will be able to place any kind of guitar on it. It comes in black color and is just 6.4 pounds in weight excluding the guitars.
- It can hold up to seven guitars.
- It is a foldable guitar rack and hence can be folded when not in use.
- The rails of the guitar rack are padded and hence your guitars are safe.
- It is a portable rack.
- No cons so far.
#2. AW 3 Three Holder Multi Guitar Folding Stand
If you are still looking for a multiple guitar holding rack, you should look at AW 3 Three Holder Multi Guitar Folding Stand. This stand is a three-guitar rack, but you will also be able to choose from other sizes like five guitars, seven guitars, and nine guitars as well. It depends on your requirements. It is good for those who wish to display guitars like a guitar store or your music studio. The guitar rack is made using premium quality steel material and weighs just 5.29 lbs only. That means this is another portable guitar rack for you. All the rails of the guitar rack come with soft padding. Wherever your guitar comes into contact with the stand, all those areas are padded and hence you can be sure that your guitar is very safe. The process of installing and disassembling is very simple and can be done in just a few minutes. It is foldable design, and that makes it easy for you to carry it along with you anywhere. It is suitable for bass, electric guitars, and acoustic guitars.
- You can place three guitars on the stand.
- It is available in four different sizes.
- It comes with padded rails so that the guitar is very safe.
- The weight of the stand is 5.29 lbs only.
- It is made using steel metal, which is sturdy and durable.
- It is suitable only for certain types of guitars.
#3. Mr.Power 5 Guitar Rolling Stand
If you are looking for a stylish guitar rack for your house or studio, then check out Mr.Power 5 Guitar Rolling Stand. This comes in a unique and different style from the ones that we have seen so far. What makes this stand different from others is the wheel at the bottom of the legs of the stand. Yes, you can move it or roll it to move the stand from one place to another place. Sometimes, you may have to move the stand within the room and for that, you cannot remove all the guitars and place them again. So this kind of stand is very useful. You can easily lock the wheels of the stand so that the stand remains in position when you are not moving it. You will be able to place five guitars on the stand. You can place Acoustic guitars and electric guitars only on the stand. The bars of the stand are padded and hence your guitars are very safe. The weight of the rack is 9.3 lbs, but as it comes with wheels you can move it easily.
- It is a rolling stand for guitars.
- You can place up to five guitars on the stand.
- The wheels of the stand can be locked to keep it steady.
- The rails of the stand are padded.
- You can use it for acoustic guitars and electric guitars.
- It is a bit heavy stand.
#4. Whiskey Barrel Stave Guitar Wall Mount/Guitar Hanger
Like we already discussed, guitar racks or stands are available in wall-mounting style as well. If you are looking for one of such models to showcase your guitars, then check out Whiskey Barrel Stave Guitar Wall Mount/Guitar Hanger. It can be used for mounting different kinds of musical instruments like violins, Ukuleles, Mandolins, and basses along with guitars as well. The mounting holes are 32 inches away from each other and this hanger stand will allow you to hand two guitars at a time. It is made from a stave that is used in the whiskey barrel. It comes with all the hardware that you need for the installation of this hanger on your wall. They also provide you with mushroom buttons that can easily cover the screws and made the hanger look attractive and beautiful. It is just 5 pounds in weight. You can fix it in your bedroom or anywhere of your choice. This adds more beauty to the room and your guitar will remain safe. It is a good option for those with space issues in the house.
- It is a hanger style guitar stand is made of a whiskey barrel stave.
- It comes in a different design.
- You can hang two guitars at a time.
- It can be used for hanging other musical instruments as well.
- You get all the required screws and mushroom buttons for its installation.
- It is a great option if you are having space issues.
- The curve on the stave makes it a bit difficult to hang the guitars.
#5. String Swing Guitar Wall Mount Rack
If you are looking for a slightly bigger wall-mount guitar rack or stand that can accommodate more guitars, then have a look at String Swing Guitar Wall Mount Rack. Many people love this product and the brands as they are popular in making high-quality guitar racks in the market. This hanger style guitar hanger can hold up to five guitars at a time. The size of the rail is 48 inches and it is made of premium quality aluminum material. It comes with a white powder-coated finish and looks just amazing. When you hang the guitars they are slightly facing to the right or left side so that you will be able to place them well without falling off the hanger. It is a product made in the USA and comes with a structural lifetime warranty as well. The process of assembling is very simple and it can be done in just a few minutes.
- It is a 48-inch guitar hanger.
- You can hang five guitars at a time on this hanger.
- It is made using aluminum material and comes with a white powder-coated finish.
- It is made in the USA.
- It comes with a structural lifetime warranty.
- The process of assembling is very simple.
- It is suitable for bass, electric and acoustic guitars.
- No cons so far.
#6. Moon Moonlala Wooden Portable Stand For Small Guitars
If you are looking for something different and stylish, then you should have a look at Moon Moonlala Wooden Portable Stand for Small Guitars. This stand is made using high-quality wood and this wood will last for a very long time. The design of this stand is just amazing. There is no fear of damage to the guitar as it comes with thick anti-slip padding. The process of assembling is very simple and you can disassemble also very easily. You can use it for holding multiple musical instruments like Ukelele or small guitars. Its weight is 10.6 ounces and can be a bit difficult to carry from one place to another. But it is a great choice if you are going to use the guitar stand at home or studio at one stable place. The wooden finish of the portable stand makes it look very natural and adds beauty to the place where you put it.
- It is made of premium quality wood material.
- It can hold one guitar or Ukelele.
- The design of the stand is just amazing.
- The wooden finish makes it look very natural.
- The process of assembling and disassembling is very simple.
- No cons so far.
#7. Ruilvn Folding Multi-Guitar Display Rack
Available in two different sizes, Ruilvn Folding Multi-Guitar Display Rack is one of the bestselling products in the market. It is available in five guitars and seven guitar sizes. Depending on how many guitars you would like to place on the guitar, you can decide the size. It is made using the aluminum metal of premium quality and hence you can be sure that the guitar rack is going to last for a very long time. You can place your bass guitars, acoustic guitars, electric guitars, and also classic guitars. It is a foldable model and hence you can easily fold it when not in use. The rails of the rack come with soft padding so that the guitars will stay safe and will not get damaged. Every contact point with the rack is padded and that shows how safe is this guitar stand for your valuable guitars. You don’t need any extra hardware for setting up the guitar stand. You can easily assemble it and disassemble it in a few minutes. You can easily carry it along with when you are traveling for music concerts. It can be used as a piece of décor also in your music studios as well.
- You can pick from five guitars and seven guitar stands.
- It is made using aluminum alloy metal that is highly durable.
- You can place all kinds of guitars on it.
- The rails of the guitar rack come with soft padding to protect the guitars.
- It takes very little time for assembling.
- No cons so far.
#8. Ruach GR-2 Customisable 5 Way Multi Guitar Rack
If you are looking for a single guitar rack that can hold both guitars and cases as well, then Ruach GR-2 Customisable 5 Way Multi Guitar Rack is a great choice. You will be able to easily customize it into a guitar stand, or guitar cases stand or even both. You just need to follow simple four steps and you are done. All the hardware that is required for the assembling of the guitar stand is provided along with the stand. The stand is made using premium quality wood. It is a handmade stand from Ireland. You will be able to customize it to hold five guitars or five guitar stands, or a mix of both. It is your choice how you wish to keep it. It is a wonderful piece for displaying your expensive guitars and still be able to protect them from any kind of damage. The rails of the stand are padded and hence the finishing of the guitars will not be disturbed. The weight of the stand is approximately 5.5 kgs. You can use it for full-size electric guitar, acoustic guitar, and bass guitar as well.
- It is a customizable guitar rack.
- It can hold up to five guitars or five guitar cases or a mix of both.
- It is a handmade stand from Ireland.
- The rails of the guitar stand or padded.
- It is suitable for electric guitar, acoustic guitar, and bass guitar.
- Its weight is 5.5 kgs.
- No cons so far.
#9. TIHOOD Wooden Guitar Stand Holder
TIHOOD Wooden Guitar Stand Holder is another good guitar stand that you can consider for your house or music studio. It is a good choice as a gift for someone who loves playing guitar and has one at home. It comes in a combination of black and brown colors. This stand is made using high-quality wood and is a robust construction. The cradle comes with anti-slip padding and that will make sure that the stand is steady and stable. You will not have any problem with scratches on the guitar. The process of assembling is also very simple as they used two flat wooden pieces and joined them together. You can even take it along with you when you are traveling to a music concert. If you are having a guitar store, then this guitar stand or holder can be one of the best ways to display guitars to your customers. It is suitable for a variety of musical instruments and hence it can be used in many ways.
- It comes in a color combination of brown and black.
- It is made using premium quality wood.
- It is a handmade product.
- There is anti-slip padding that helps in keeping your guitar scratch-free.
- It can be carried along with you when you are traveling.
- You can use this stand for different kinds of musical instruments.
- It is suitable for only small guitars.
#10. Gator Cases Rack Style Guitar Stand
Here we have Gator Cases Rack Style Guitar Stand, which is a unique style guitar stand. It looks like a case, but you will be able to use it as a rack for your guitars. It is available in two different sizes, four guitars and six guitars. You can choose one size depending on the number of guitars you are having. It is suitable for electric guitars, acoustic guitars, and bass guitars as well. After you place a guitar, you will be able to secure them with the help of the secure bands. That means you need not have to worry about the guitar falling. That is not going to happen as long as the elastic band is present. It is made of wood and comes with a carpeted cover on the exterior. The weight of this case rack is almost 24.2 lbs and hence it cannot be moved from one place to another. You will have to place the guitars and leave it in one place. It can be folded into a case when not in use as it comes in foldable style.
- It is a case style rack for guitars.
- It is available in two different sizes – four guitars and six guitars.
- It comes with elastic secure bands that keep the guitars safe when they are on the rack.
- It is made of wood and comes with a carpeted cover.
- It can be easily folded when not in use.
- It is too heavy and hence not easily portable.
How To Choose The Best Guitar Rack
As there are so many different kinds of guitar, so are the types and designs of guitar racks. It is not going to be an easy task for even a professional guitar player to immediately pick one rack for the guitar when there are so many options available in front of them. So, when it is very confusing, a buying guide can be very helpful. This buying guide will explain to you in detail about the important points and features that you need to concentrate on. That way, you will be able to pick one best product from any number of guitar racks in the market.
Type of guitar rack
There are different types of guitar racks available in the market like A-frame, Tubular stand, wall hanging stand, and multiple guitar racks.
- A-frame stands: Just like their name suggests, they come in the shape of A with two legs. This is one of the most common types of guitar stand or rack that is used by many people. It is very affordable and comfortable to use and that is one of the main reasons why people prefer it. It can be folded easily and stored.
- Tubular or Tripod stands: Here also just like their name, these stands come with three legs, but sometime it may have more than three legs if it is manufactured to hold more than one guitar. After A-frame stands, this is the next common type as it is very cheap.
- Hanging style: The next is the hanging style guitar stand, which you can fix the stand to the wall and hang the guitar to it. It is used by those who wish to use their guitar like a piece of décor in the house. It makes your bedroom look very stylish and impressive. You just need to make sure that you are fixing the screws very properly.
- Guitar rack: If you are having more than one guitar in the house, then it is always good to get a guitar rack. This kind of rack is popular, especially in the music studios. You will be able to place three to seven guitars in one rack at a time.
So, now make a choice depending on your requirements.
It is good if the guitar rack comes with a little padding facility. With padding, the finishing of the guitar will not be damaged and your guitar will look like a brand new one.
You will have to keep moving the guitar stand or rack from one place to another based on your requirements. Sometimes, you may have to take it along with you to a studio or concert. In such situations, you need to make sure that the guitar rack is portable. If it is light in weight then you will be able to carry it along with you anywhere.
You can find guitar racks made of different kinds of materials like wood, plastic, and steel as well. If you are looking for a durable and sturdy option, then wood and steel are the best choices. But they are expensive options as well. If you are looking for a budget option, then plastic is the only choice, but that can damage the finishing of the guitars. A plastic rack is not strong as well. So, make a choice based on these details.
Guitar Rack Frequently Asked Question
Are guitar stands best for guitars? Do they harm guitars in any way?
In the beginning, the design of the guitar stands was primitive, but, today things have changed for good. Today, most of the guitar stands from reputed brands come designed for maximum security and other benefits. As far as we know, if you use a guitar stand from a reputed brand, then your guitar would be unharmed. However, consider purchasing guitar stands based on most expensive guitar you have.
Why is it said not to leave the guitar on the floor unattended?
Most of the people who use a guitar treat them as a precious piece of instrument and they put a lot of effort to keep it fresh as new. Apart from this, any damages to the guitar could affect its performance, there a guitar must be stored in a safe and clean place. There is no other place safer and cleaner than a guitar stand. The same stand would allow the user to store more than one or two guitars, this ensures, you multiple guitars are organized, safer, and clean.
What if I leave my guitar leaning against the wall instead of on a guitar stand, is it bad?
Yes, of course, the performance of a guitar would be based on its condition. If the guitar is faulty or damaged, it could affect the performance. For long years, users have followed the trend of leaving guitar leaning against the wall, in the long run, the weight of the entire guitar exerting a force in the direction of the string tension could deform the guitar and loosen the strings. This will have a major effect on the performance of the guitar. Guitar stands are designed to avoid such damages and deformations.
Is it true that, in the long run, storing guitar in a hard shell case is better than hanging them?
Yes, if you love your guitar very much and if you plan on leaving the guitar unused and stored/mounted for a long time, then we recommend that the best to do it is to store it in a hard shell case and avoid hanging on the wall. You should consider hanging guitar on the wall only if it is frequently used or if you are not planning on using the particular guitar anymore.
Is it okay if I clean my guitar and guitar stand with vinegar?
If you are not interested in using a dedicated chemical cleaner to clean your guitar and it’s stand, then we recommend using vinegar. However, not every type of vinegar is suitable for cleaning the guitar and its stand. Use vinegar on the guitar and the stand only if it is suitable. To find the compatibility, search Google for cleaning tips, “enter guitar model and brand + guitar/guitar stand +homemade cleaning tips” this would give you an insight if vinegar is compatible. Remember, do not use any other type of vinegar other than white distilled vinegar.
Which guitar rack did you like the most? You are looking for just a guitar rack and not for guitar so it is not going to be very tough. But you will still have to think twice before making any choice. You need to go through all the ten best options listed above, compare their pros and cons and then you will be able to make a decision. Check out all the styles, their features, and the price so that it gets easy for you to make a choice. Not all of them are the same and hence you need to spend some time to make the right choice. To keep your guitar safe, get yourself a guitar rack today!!!