Surfing in summer is one of the best activities, and we all look forward to it. The only problem is that the holiday rentals can be expensive, and you won’t like to take the surfboard for rent if you already own the surfboard. Most of us would love to take our surfboard to the beach in such a case. The only problem is that you need to be careful while carrying the surfboard in the car. The first thing you need to carry the surfboard is the roof racks. In addition to this, if the surfboard is not mounted correctly, it can act like an airplane’s wings. The G-Force is enough to drag the car to the side and cause an accident. If the surfboard is not properly secured, the surfboard may fly like a heavy projectile, leading to an accident with the oncoming traffic. So, today, we will tell you about properly strapping the surfboard to the Roof Racks.
How To Strap Surfboard to Roof Rack?
To strap the surfboard to the roof rack, you need two things. You need to have a strong roof rack that can bear the load of the surfboard, and you must also have poly webbing straps with zinc buckles and buckle pads. Once you have the things ready, follow the steps below to strap the surfboard to the roof rack.
- The first step is to ensure that your roof rack is correctly mounted on the car and is secure. The hard roof racks are better for mounting the surfboard, but you need additional webbing if your car has a soft rack.
- Before starting the process, ensure that the straps, buckles, and webbing are in proper shape and there is no rust. The wear and tear can lead to weak spots, which can be dangerous.
- Now, place the surfboard on the roof rack and ensure that the fins are pointing upward. The fins should also be in the forward direction. This will reduce the lift, and it will also act as a stop if the surfboard slides.
- In this step, you need to wrap around the cross bikes and over the top of the board. You must also wrap the straps around the crossbars on both sides. Shake the board to ensure that it is not shifting position.
- Tie off the excess portion of the strap so that it doesn’t flap in the wind and cause damage to the car. Also, ensure that you haven’t over-tightened the strap, or else that can damage the surfboard.
Additional Tips for Safety
Here are some tips to ensure safety while carrying the surfboard on the roof racks.
- When traveling long distances, you need to ensure that you check the tightness of the straps regularly. Avoid driving at high speed and pay attention to the rockers as well.
- If your surfboard has leashes, then ensure that you remove them before mounting the surfboard. Also, giving a half twist to the strap will prevent noise.
- If you are mounting multiple boards, use a board separator to prevent board movement, damage, or wax transfer.
These are the steps to strap the surfboard to the roof rack. We are sure that this process will help you carry your surfboard to the beach. Ensure that you check the surfboard regularly and it is not lost at all. All these things are very important when it comes to carrying the surfboard. Any potential miss can become a reason for the accident. If you have any other questions about strapping the surfboard to the roof rack, you can let us know in the comment section, and we will try to help you in the best possible way. Thank You.
Read Following For More Vehicle Racks…
|Best Bike Rack for SUVs||Best ATV Gun Rack|
|Best Truck Bed Bike Rack||Best Bike Rack For Prius|
|Best Roof Rack For Subaru Crosstrek||Best Hitch Bike Rack|
|Best Rear Bike Rack 2021||Best Miata Luggage Rack|
|Best Jeep Roof Rack 2021||Best Garage Bike Rack|