We live in a world where people are more concerned about their health, which has increased the demand for bikes. While most people in the past years were not interested in exercising, they are becoming more vigilant about the danger that awaits.
Cycling is one of the most efficient modes of exercise. People have been doing it for many years; however, the majority always neglected it. As the news of the advantages of cycling spread, millions of people today started using it. In turn, this has increased the demand for cycles/bike and, therefore, the need for garage bike racks.
Most people who live an organized life, consider, keeping everything around them arranged/organized. A good quality garage bike rack is one of such accessories that would enable any person to hold their bikes. In a family, there could be more than one bike depending on the number of members, and organizing the bike is very important to avoid confusion and reduce the space it consumes. If you are looking for the best garage bike racks, we request you to consider the products listed below. Each bike racks listed below comes from reputed brands and with unique quality. Consider purchasing any one of them, and you will not regret it.
Best Bike Rack For Garage Wall Reviews
Table of Contents
- Best Bike Rack For Garage Wall Reviews
- #1. Monkey Bars, Garage Bike Rack
- #2. Wallmaster, Garage Bike Rack
- #3. Koova, Garage Bike Rack
- #4. ZENY, Gravity Bike Stand, Garage Bike Rack
- #5. Grepatio Bike Storage, Garage Bike Rack
- #6. StoreYourBoard, Garage Bike Rack
- #7. Qualward, Garage Bike Rack
- #8. Kinghouse, Garage Bike Rack
- #9. MAGIC UNION, Garage Bike Rack
- #10. RaxGo, Garage Bike Storage Rack
- How To Choose The Best Garage Bike Rack
- Garage Bike Racks Frequently Asked Questions
#1. Monkey Bars, Garage Bike Rack
Monkey Bars is one of the top-rated brands on the market today that manufactures and markets this wall mount garage bike rack. This bike rack boasts several exciting features that would stand second no other racks.
This is a right-angled vertical bike rack that mounts the bike perpendicular to the walls. The bikes will be mounted at a right angle to the wall. While this rack consumes a comparatively more significant space, it is one of the stylish and best ways to store a bike. This bike rack comes designed to hold up to six bikes; the manufacturer offers four variants based on the number of bikes it could hold, one bike, three bikes, four bikes, and six bikes. The hook design in this bike rack is efficient and is specific to reduce the torque on the rims and spokes. One of the best things about this bike rack is that the hooks are rubber coated for maximum protection and smooth sliding. The hooks could be adjusted based on the size of your bike. Yet another thing about this product is that it is easy to install. The manufacturer offers a lifetime warranty on this product and also provides all the required hardware required for installation.
- Could hold up to 6 bikes
- Has an additional bracket that could hold up to 300 Lbs
- Rubber coated bike hooks
- Adjustable hooks
- Easy to install
- Redesigned to reduce the torque on wheels
- Wall mounted bike rack
- Available in 2 colour variants and four variants based on the number of bikes
- Nothing as such
#2. Wallmaster, Garage Bike Rack
Wallmaster has a legacy and reputation in manufacturing and marketing hardware, storage tools, hangers, hooks, and home improvement tools. This garage bike rack is no different, it comes made of good quality material, and it boasts useful features.
This Wallmaster bike rack is a right-angled vertical garage wall bike rack that mounts the bike at a right angle. The user will have to assemble the rack and then fix it on the wall. Unlike most of the products on this list, the user could decide where to set the hooks. One of the best things about this bike rack is that it could organize up to 5 different bikes and, at the same time, three helmets simultaneously. The hooks in this product are rubber coated for maximum lifespan and also to facilitate smooth sliding. The rubber coating also protects the rims and spokes from any scratches while mounting. Yet another thing about this product is that it could handle up to 440 Lbs, and the entire product is made of steel.
- Could hold up to 5 bikes
- Could also hold up to 3 helmets
- Easy to install and relocate
- Sturdy and durable construction
- Could hold up to 440 Lbs
- Each hook in this bike rack is designed for heavy-duty
- Each of the hooks could be adjusted
- The user will have to assemble the product and then fix it on the fall, few of the customers have reviewed the product to be hard to assemble and set on the wall.
#3. Koova, Garage Bike Rack
Alphidia manufactures Koova garage bike rack, and this brand since 2012 has a reputation in manufacturing and marketing soldering accessories and paracord bracelet jigs and kits. This bike rack has a reasonable price and, at the same time, has some good specifications.
The Koova garage bike rack comes designed in such a way that it could hold up to 3 bikes. However, the same product is available in 3 different variants based on the number of bikes it could hold; therefore, if you want a rack with more capacity, it could serve it. This bike rack comes made of heavy gauge steel that could handle around 200 Lbs. One of the best things about this product is that it also organizes two helmets, and the hangers are placed at precise angles for maximum efficiency. This garage bike rack is easy to install and use. Each of the hooks on this rack is securely placed, and it will not come off under any circumstances. Every part in this garage bike rack comes with a lifetime warranty.
- Could hold up to 3 bikes
- Comes in 3 different variants based on the number of bikes it could hold
- Best for bikes with wide tires and also slim ones
- Easy to install and easy to use
- Precisely angled hooks for maximum safety
- Made of heavy gauge steel
- Lifetime warranty on all parts
- Few of the customers have reviewed the hooks to lack any padding or soft coating, therefore, if you do not mount it carefully expect scratches on the rim or spokes.
#4. ZENY, Gravity Bike Stand, Garage Bike Rack
All the garage bike racks listed above were right-angled vertical garage bike racks, but this rack from Zeny is a parallel garage wall bike rack. This type of bike racks consumes comparatively lesser garage space. If you are looking for the best parallel garage wall bike rack, this product is the best option.
Unlike most of the bike racks on this list, this one comes designed to hold only two bikes simultaneously. The entire product comes made of heavy gauge steel, and each of the arm incorporated into this product could be adjusted based on the user’s requirement. As mentioned in the introduction, this product has to be assembled and then fixed on the wall; however, the down bottom would be supported by the floor, and the backside of the rack would be bolted to the wall. One of the best things about this product is that it is easy to assemble, and each of the arms is made of 2mm steel; therefore, the rack could handle up to 100 Lbs.
- Made of high-quality steel
- Could hold up to two bikes
- Each arm on this bike stand has 2mm thickness
- Could hold up to 100 Lbs
- 4 arms hold two bikes and the height of each arm could be adjusted to increase the security
- Could be fixed on the wall
- Rubber coating on each arm for maximum security
- The manufacturer has failed to mention that this stand cannot stand on its own; it should be bolted to the wall to work efficiently.
#5. Grepatio Bike Storage, Garage Bike Rack
This garage bike rack is the best option for you if you are looking for the best multipurpose bike rack. Yes, this bike rack could help to organize more than just the bikes; it could also hold your shovel, rakes, and all these features at a reasonable price.
This garage bike rack is made of heavy-duty steel, and it is a right-angled vertical garage bike rack that holds your bike at a right angle to the wall. This rack could hold up to 4 bikes simultaneously and handle up to 300 Lbs. On the other hand, this rack comes with a total of 8 hooks, four dedicated for organizing bikes, and the remaining four hooks are flexible, and it is designed to hold rakes, shovel, helmet, brooms, mops, ropes, cords, etc. The position of each hook could be adjusted based on the user’s requirement. One of the best things about this product is that it is easy to assemble and install on the wall. The manufacturer offers a 30-day money-back guarantee and a 1-year warranty against any quality issues on the product.
- Made of heavy-duty steel
- Could hold up to 4 bikes at the same time
- 30-days money-back guarantee
- 1-year warranty against any quality issues
- Compact and easy to install design
- Total 8 hooks, 4 for mounting bikes, and 4 for holding shovels, rakes, etc.
- Could handle up to 300 Lbs
- Powder coated for maximum lifespan
- Few of the customers found it challenging to assemble
#6. StoreYourBoard, Garage Bike Rack
StoreYourBoard is one of the reputed brands that manufactures and markets top-quality customizable garage bike racks. Most of the products from this brand are unique and patented. This garage bike rack is not different; this brand patents the unique design of this bike rack.
The product comes designed to be a heavy-duty bike rack, and it comes with powder coating for an enhanced lifespan. Each hook that comes incorporated into this rack is adjustable, and the user could change the position of each hook based on their requirement. This rack could organize up to 5 bikes and handles up to 200 Lbs. This rack mounts the bike perpendicular to the wall, and each hook is designed to handle the maximum weight.
- Heavy duty bike rack
- Ultra-durable powder coating on the hooks
- Easy to install
- Could handle up to 200 Lbs
- Patented design
- Adjustable hooks incorporated
- Could hold up to 5 bikes
- Few of the customers have reviewed this product as challenging to assemble and set on the wall.
#7. Qualward, Garage Bike Rack
If you are looking for a bike rack that could be used in your garage or inside your home, then this is the right product for you. Yes, this bike rack comes designed in such a way that it could be used anywhere.
This bike rack comes designed in such a way that it could hold up to 4 bikes simultaneously. This rack is made of heavy-duty material; therefore, it could handle around 200 Lbs. Unlike most of the vertical bike racks, this one is easy to assemble and set on the wall. The product also comes with four removable hooks that could be positioned wherever the user needs. Each hook in this bike rack is rubber coated for smooth sliding and to protect the bike from scratches. The manufacturer offers all the accessories required for installation expect drill with this product.
- Made of heavy-duty material
- Could hold up to 4 bikes
- Comes with adjustable hooks
- Easy to install and use
- Could handle up to 200 Lbs
- Rubber coated hooks
- Few of the customers have reviewed the product to come with hook holes that are inadequate for the hooks to go in.
#8. Kinghouse, Garage Bike Rack
Unlike most of the bike racks listed above, this product comes designed for both interior and exterior use. Yes, the product comes specially designed for home, garage, and exterior space use.
This product is recommended for exterior use as the product comes powder coated for enhanced protection from colour change and corrosion. The hooks incorporated into this product is rubber coated to facilitate smooth sliding while mounting the bikes. The rubber coating also acts as padding and also protects the rims and spokes from scratches or any minor damages. This bike rack could organize up to 6 bikes and handle up to 350 Lbs. One of the notable things about this product is that it is easy to install, and the manufacturer offers a 1-year warranty on it.
- Easy to install
- Adjustable hook design
- Could hold up to 6 bikes
- 1-year warranty on this product
- Each hook coated with rubber
- Powder coated body
- Designed to handle up to 350 Lbs
- Almost every hardware required for installation offered with this product
- Nothing as such
#9. MAGIC UNION, Garage Bike Rack
Most of the bike racks on this list come designed to organize bikes and helmets only; however, this bike rack is designed for multiple purposes. It could be used to organize bikes, shovels, brooms, mops, ropes, cords, etc. If you are looking for such a product, then Magic Union offers this bike rake.
This garage bike rack could hold up to 4 bikes, and it can handle up to 200 Lbs. The product is made of heavy-duty steel that makes it sturdy and durable. The hooks incorporated into this product is rubber coated for padding and smooth sliding of the rims. The coating also protects the rims and spokes from any scratches. Unlike other products, this one comes with extra square tubes to organize shovels, brooms, etc. The hooks come in two different sizes, two are long to hold adult bikes, and the other two are short for a kids bike.
- Could handle up to 4 bikes
- Has a weight holding capacity of 200 Lbs
- Extra square tubes to hang shovel, broom, rope, etc.
- 2 long hooks and two short hooks
- Rubber coated hooks
- Made of heavy-duty steel
- Few of the customers found it difficult to assemble as the product comes in several parts.
#10. RaxGo, Garage Bike Storage Rack
While the majority of the bike racks on this list are vertical right-angled garage bike racks, this bike rack is entirely different. This bike rack is a freestanding floor stand with hooks to organize the bikes. If you have some space to spare in your garage, this bike rack is the best option for you.
This bike rack could hold up to 4 bikes, and each arm of the rack is rubber coated for maximum safety. The product comes made of high-quality solid steel that ensures durability and stability. One of the best things about this product is that it does not require a supporting structure to stand; the user could simply mount the bikes on the stand. Yet another thing about this product is that it is easy to install and also easy to use. The height at which each arm/hook is positioned could be altered based on the user’s requirement. The manufacturer offers a one-year limited warranty on this product.
- Could organize up to 4 bikes
- Anti-scratch arms
- Unique design
- Made of rock-solid steel
- Adjustable rubber-coated cradles
- Could handle up to 200 Lbs
- Easy to assemble
- Few of the customers have reviewed the product to lack the balance and design to stand without support after mounting the bikes on it.
How To Choose The Best Garage Bike Rack
Using a bike has several advantages, and you could be using it for the same reason. However, using a bike rack is very important, too, as it offers a safe and convenient space to store the bikes.
Purchasing a garage bike rack is not easy; they come in different designs and shapes. Apart from these, the demand for bike racks has been exploited by flooding the market with bike racks from various brands in different sizes, shapes, prices, and quality. However, if you know what to look for in a garage bike rack, then the task will not be a difficult one. Below mentioned are some of the critical things that you should look for in a garage bike rack.
Garage bike rack based on the mounting
A garage bike rack would stay in your garage for a very long time, and since it is a one-time investment, you mustn’t neglect this factor. The primary purpose of a garage bike rack is to organize the bikes and to save maximum space. But, each mount has its advantages and disadvantages, consider both and make your decision.
- Horizontal bike mounts – This type of bike mount is designed to hold the bike parallel to the ground. Such mounts use folded hooks and come with padding to prevent any scratches on your bike. Compared to other types of mounting, if your bike is heavy, horizontal mounting is the best type for you. However, this type of mount has a disadvantage of consuming more space, if you do not have space to spare, do not go for this mount.
- Vertical bike mounts – Vertical bike racks are available in two types, right angled-mount and parallel mount, while right angled mount holds the bike at a right angle to the wall, a parallel mount holds it parallel to the wall. This type of mount generally comes with hinged plates bolted to the wall that secures the wheel of your bike by fastening the bike onto it. Therefore, if your garage’s space is limited, you should go for parallel garage bike racks. But remember, to mount the bike on any one of these racks, the user should lift the bike. If your bike is heavy, using this rack frequently could strain your body.
- Rail bike mounts – Let me start by conveying that this type of bike mount is only for a single bike. There is no option to store more than one bike in the garage rail bike mount. In this type of mount, a rail is mounted to the garage ceiling, and it will have a pulley system incorporated. Using this setup, the user could hoist the bike to the ceiling. Therefore, the garage floor is free. However, there is a disadvantage to this system, if the pulley system malfunctions or loses its lubrication, you might find it challenging to bring down or hoist the bike.
- Freestanding bike storage racks – Are you a person who does not want to drill your ceiling and wall? Then, this type of bike rack is the best option for you. Freestanding bike racks as the name itself suggest come with independent stands that could mount the bikes on it, and at the same time, the rack could be re-positioned according to your requirement. Yes, this rack comes designed in such a way that it does not require clamping or fixing it on a surface, the rack itself has a design that holds the bikes in place and the rack as a whole could be moved around.
Now you know the types of garage bike racks available on the market today. However, apart from the garage rail bike rack, all the other bike racks could come in different designs based on how many bikes it could hold.
Apart from just the type of mount, there are other factors to consider.
The capacity of the rack
The capacity of a garage bike rack refers to two factors: the number of bikes a rack could hold and the total/individual weight. Most people might neglect this factor and consider the brand. However, we recommend that you never resort to such assumptions. A bike rack should be able to serve your requirement in every way. If there is more than one cycle to be mounted, then the rack should be selected based on the number of bikes and also check the weight it could hold. Remember, if your bike is heavy and you neglect to check your bike rack specifications, you might find your bike damaged and a disfigured wall or ceiling one day. Therefore, the weight capacity of the bike is significant.
Do not assume that the external finishing of a bike rack has no importance. The external finishing of a garage bike rack is directly linked to the quality and lifespan of it. Based on our expertise, there are four types of finishing.
- Powder coating – Powder coated garage bike racks come in various colours, and the coating offers sturdy skeletal protection against extreme moisture and other weather conditions.
- Zinc coating – This type of coating is also called galvanized coating, and they provide better protection against corrosion and minor impediments. However, it has a disadvantage of dull exterior looks.
- Cast-off plastic coating – This type of coating is done using recycled plastics. It offers extra protection against almost every weather condition, corrosion, and any direct scratches to the host.
- Stainless steel – Stainless steel has a naturally resistant to corrosion and weather condition. It also has a glossy exterior and is comparatively lightweight.
If you need our opinion, we would recommend that you go for powder coated garage bike racks if your bike is heavy and stainless steel racks, if your bikes are lightweight.
The efficiency of the rack
Efficiency of the bike rack refers to the ease of using the rack. Based on the design and brand, the overall efficiency of any bike rack could differ, the primary purpose of using a bike rack is to organize and store the bikes continentally and safely. This is why you must purchase a product with a less complicated structure and easy to use the feature.
Size of the garage
A garage bike rack should be selected based on the garage’s size only. No matter how small or how big your garage is, there are different garage bike racks designed to help you. If you have zero floor space in your garage, the rail bike rack would be your best option. On the other hand, if you have some floor space, you could go for wall parallel wall bike rack. Apart from all these, if you have a lot of floor space, then freestanding garage bike rack could help you.
In the section, bike racks based on the type of mount, we have mentioned the advantages and disadvantages of each mount, you must consider both and the factors discussed below. Remember, a garage bike rack might be a one-time investment, if you love your bike and wants maximum efficiency, do not rush. Dig deep, and you will get a suitable garage bike rack.
Garage Bike Racks Frequently Asked Questions
We have the most frequently asked questions on garage bike racks below
Should I choose a parallel or a perpendicular Garage Bike Rack?
People tend to choose a perpendicular garage bike rack when they have more than a couple of bikes to keep in their garage. A perpendicular garage bike rack easily allows you to store 4-5 bikes that you must own. However, such racks can take space in your garage as the bikes are put on them perpendicular to the wall. Therefore, for saving space, one can go with parallel garage bike racks. But another thing to know here is that a parallel garage bike rack will give you a lower number of attachments; hence you won’t be able to place more than a couple of bikes on such racks.
What do extra attachments on a garage bike rack allow us to do?
Usually, you will get to see extra attachments in the form of hooks on many high-end garage bike racks. Such attachments can be used to hang your safety gear, such as your biking helmet. This way, you will be able to keep everything related to your bike as well as your bike itself at the same place. All the hooks in such garage bike racks are precisely angled and help hold everything in one place. Further, the hooks such also have padding so that the surface of your gear is never affected.
Are garage bike racks easy to install?
Earlier you would see garage bike racks that would be highly tough to install. All of their parts weighed so much that you were bound to take help from someone. However, now garage bike racks are manufactured using lighter parts so that even a single person can do the installation on his/her own. The bike racks that we have picked come with easy-to-read installation guides and manuals as well. Hence, installation is not a big deal, and that should not refrain from buying a good garage bike rack.
What is the general weight-bearing capacity of a garage bike rack?
We have seen that the good and right garage bike rack comes with an exceptional weight-bearing capacity, which is around 440 pounds. With that, you can put up to 5 bikes on the same garage bike rack at a time. Such advanced utilitarian features will help you organize your garage and assign the right place for your beloved bikes. The average weight-bearing capacity can, however, vary as now you will find a variety of brands of garage bike racks.
What are some famous manufacturers of garage bike racks?
We will say that the most popular garage bike racks are indeed from Monkey Bars, Wallmaster, and Koova. However, there have been a few local manufacturers as well who have come up with many amazing garage bike racks. In our list, we have added all those manufacturers making highly durable garage bike racks these days. So, you do not have to even once worry about searching and to surf the internet to make the right selection.
A garage bike rack does not only have to organize the bikes but also have to keep the bikes safe from any damage. This means the rack should be made of good material, and it should be protected. Each rack listed above boasts these features. Consider purchasing any one of them and enjoy an organized garage.